The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

problems with typing in email codes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have one Outliner document where I want to store a variety of html based commands.

In particular, I'm trying to type in various mailto: commands.

Unfortunately, Outliner wants to automatically do something to this text.

I don't want to see any icons: I know how to get rid of this via changing formatting to "attachments: display inline."

But I can't seem to get Outliner to NOT treat my text like an attachment. Instead the "mailto:" part of the text disappears, and there's an underlined text under the email address. When I copy and paste into another application I've lost the mailto command portion.

Is there anything I can do so Outliner does NOT fiddle with my text? I just want the mailto command stored simply as text.

Thanks for any help or ideas,

Mathew

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm
Is there anything I can do so Outliner does NOT fiddle with my text? I just want the mailto command stored simply as text.
Hi Mathew,
If you go to the Preferences under the OmniOutliner menu and deselect 'Automatically create attachments from typed URLs', it will stop converting your text.

Derek,

Thanks so much! It was obvious, and I don't know how I missed it, but you sure helped out.

- Mathew