The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniWeb needs a good working ad blocker like PithHelmet Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I rarely have a problem with Flash ads, and I never disable Flash. Without a sample link, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
In OmniWeb Ctrl click>Filter Image or Ctrl Click>Image>Filter Image
Sorry, I meant for Flash. Would be nice to be able to ctrl-click on Flash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I block third party image, matching known ad sizes and blocked URLs from the start. Then use the site prefs to enable certain sites to allow for images if they're being blocked.
So are you in effect adding to an invisible white list when you edit a site's prefs to override the global prefs?

I hadn't known that. This is good, but I'd rather like to make visible all the members of such an invisible white list. That is, view them or access them all from a single window (not have to check the site prefs at every site I visit to discover which sites have overrides and what they are.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floach
... The other thing I used PH for - fine-grained cookie control - also works without a hitch in OW. I have a whitelist of sites that may set cookies permanently; every other site can set a cookie, but those cookies get purged when I close OW. Perfect. ...
Are you saying there's an explicit interface location to edit such a whitelist, or does it simply consist of all the individual site-specific preference settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericob
So are you in effect adding to an invisible white list when you edit a site's prefs to override the global prefs?
I suppose that's one way of saying it.

Quote:
I hadn't known that. This is good, but I'd rather like to make visible all the members of such an invisible white list. That is, view them or access them all from a single window (not have to check the site prefs at every site I visit to discover which sites have overrides and what they are.)
I'm confused what you're asking for. I don't have to check the site prefs at every site. I set my global prefs first. If I go to a site that's not working properly due to blocked images (which is typically very few,) I can either hit the load image button or then go into the site prefs. I've only edited the site prefs for a handful of sites.