The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

I have been using OmniWeb 5.5's beta for the past week. Here are the feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Another feature request:
Please make the tabs spring loaded so that we can drag text, links, images, etc. from a page onto any tab in the drawer, that tabs opens and then we can drag the thing we are holding onto that page.
Updated the original list.

I'd like to see the bookmark folders made spring loaded. If I want to bookmark the page I'm on and I want it to go in a sub folder, what I currently have to do is drag it into the main folder, then go into the bookmark organization screen and manually move it to the appropriate sub folder.

Or you could hit 'Command + D' (or navigate to 'Bookmarks >> Add to Bookmarks...') and select any subfolder from the 'Location' drop down menu. Hit return.

I could.

But I prefer to bookmark by dragging and dropping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmathes
I'd like to see the bookmark folders made spring loaded. If I want to bookmark the page I'm on and I want it to go in a sub folder, what I currently have to do is drag it into the main folder, then go into the bookmark organization screen and manually move it to the appropriate sub folder.
I wholeheartedly second this (for the 10th time, I think). I really wish the OW bookmarks would adopt some of the best features of Safari's bookmarks.

Added it to the original list. :)

I hope and expect that someone on the OmniWeb team takes note of this thread.

10. I too would like to see the ability to merge all windows. (Safari has this feature under "Window" menu > "Merge All Windows".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10467 has a script to merge all windows.
I already tried that. In a couple of my test cases, it failed to merge everything. (It closed tabs that didn't get merged in. So, that script doesn't work in all cases.) I looked briefly at the script, and I didn't see what was causing the issue. I suppose I should submit those test cases to someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush
Allow new tabs to be opened next to the active one. There should be a preference that allows users to opt for having the browser always open new tabs next to the active one.
This request is two years old. Is there any hope that this might be included in 5.7?.