The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

change parent child task relationship with AppleScript Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello,

I am trying to change the parent-child relationship between two existing tasks. I have seen an example for adding a new child as:

Code:
set parentTask to make task with properties {name:"draw floor plans"}
tell parentTask
     make task with properties {name:"draw first floor"}
     make task with properties {name:"draw second floor"}
end tell
but I can't figure out how to do that with an existing task (assume parentTask and childTask are already set)

Code:
tell parentTask
     add childTask to child tasks ???
end tell