The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dropped Contexts are invisible on the iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

Nice feature to have the ability to drop folder the enhance focus on other areas.

I also tried to drop some context. I lower level in my context three it got market dropped. But in the top level, the context disappeared (when dropped) and the only way the bring it back was to erase the local database and download my backup.

Best regards

Checking the development database, it looks like the ability to show dropped contexts is on the "things we haven't had a chance to add yet" list. Looks like the support mail you sent in was attached to that item in the database, as well. Thanks!

From what I'm seeing in the database and what I'm seeing on my phone, it doesn't look like the behavior differs across different levels of the tree. We'll show a dropped context while the Edit screen is still active, but if you navigate away from the screen that it's on, it will be hidden at that point.

If you're syncing with the Mac version, of course, the context can be un-dropped and resynced to the phone. Obviously not ideal, but doesn't require reverting to a backup.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-08-12 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: add workaround if syncing

Thanks - the problem for me is that I don´t have a Mac - I run the iPhone version stand alone and in that case I have to restore a backup to make the Context available.

Hmmm… I'm having the opposite problem: A context I dropped is still showed on the iPhone. I really don't want it to be, so the impression I'm getting from this thread (that a droppe context should be invisible on the iPhone) is good news. But that raises the question: Why can I see it?

Where are you seeing the dropped context on the iPhone? In the Contexts list, or looking at actions and seeing an action assigned to the dropped context?

Two possibilities that come to mind:

You haven't actually synced the change that drops the context over to your iPhone yet

You didn't drop it, but put it on hold instead

Thanks for your answer, whpalmer!

I'm seeing the dropped context in the context list (or rather: in a list of sub-contexts one level down). I have synced several times. And the context is dropped – there's a little red cross on it on the iPhone. I'm seeing the same behavior as this user did a year ago. So I guess this is a bug that isn't sorted out yet?

Does noone else see this behavior?