The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can I default to "Embed attachment" rather than "Create link?" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I drag and drop a file into the notes section, it just creates a link to the file. I'd rather have this action embed it, rather than having to use the menu to attach the file and switch the preference to embed each time....

Thanks!

Hold down the option key after you begin to drag the file and the document will be embedded instead of linked.

eepmatt, I believe we have a feature request open on a preference for that behavior. If you email the support ninjas, they can attach your email to the request. The number of folks asking for a given change is one of the metrics we use when planning our work.

OmniFocus still links by default - this is insanely annoying when adding a document, leaving the house, trying to open the document on the Macbook or iPhone, only to realise omnifocus linked the file instead of embedding it :/

It's also practically impossible to tell if the item is linked or embedded without checking on another synced device :(

Please allow embed by default!

Look at the Attachment List window.