The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Printing notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I did not see this elsewhere, so I will add it here. I would like the option of printing the task list with note (properly formatted), or not at all. Part of the first line currently appears.

good point.

i put a lot of effort into typing notes and now i can find no way to get any of that information back out in a printout.

in fact, to add to the frustration, i had actually copied (manually) a bunch of info for a work breakdown that i originally had created in omnioutliner into omniproject, then edited it for a while, then went to print... only to discover this problem. ouch.

things i have tried:

in the omniplan print settings, select "outline only" and "print as displayed".

in the view settings, select "view"->"row text"->"always show full text".

i can see the notes on the screen just fine. i can not get them to print. i only see the first line followed by an ellipsis.

since i was rather desperate to find some way to get my data back out, i eventually tried exporting the data back to omnioutliner. then after what seemed like an eternity of style and preference changes, i was eventually able to get a printout that approximated what i was originally after.

so to summarize the essence of the bug here: printing of outlines and in notes in omniplan does not respect the settings related to printing of multi-line notes the same way omnioutliner does. as a result, it is not possible to see multi-line notes in your printout.

Sorry about that, this is a known issue in Beta 8 & 9. We're hoping to have this fixed by Beta 10.