The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sliding sidebar Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There's been a lot of 'heated' discussion over the drawer for a while now, but I thought it might be worth drawing peoples' attention to the latest version of Actiontastic:

http://www.kaboomerang.com/blog/2007...iontastic-092/

Cmd-I toggles the sidebar like a drawer, but the interface retains a nice outline without a smaller drawer on one side. The content is pushed around when opening/closing, but if your window is full screen, it would do that with a drawer anyway.

Personally, this is the kind of solution I'd love to see in Omniweb 6.

I haven't tried Actiontastic, but that sounds how Shiira handles it's graphic tabs, and I'm a full supporter of it. I think the real issue isn't having graphic tabs, the fact that if you want to view your tabs, it demands more screen space. Resizing content inside the window to display the tabs is a more economical use of screen space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazokajoe_2k
I haven't tried Actiontastic, but that sounds how Shiira handles it's graphic tabs, and I'm a full supporter of it. I think the real issue isn't having graphic tabs, the fact that if you want to view your tabs, it demands more screen space. Resizing content inside the window to display the tabs is a more economical use of screen space.
The problem with the Shiira approach is that vertical space is more at a premium, particularly on modern screens, so that great big bar of tabs along the bottom condenses the area for the web page you are looking at too much!
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
One can already get this behaviour in Safari by using SafariStand, although, to turn off Safari's own tab bar the browser.nib needs to be edited (see a hint in MacOSXHints)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	162  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Hicks
There's been a lot of 'heated' discussion over the drawer for a while now, but I thought it might be worth drawing peoples' attention to the latest version of Actiontastic:

http://www.kaboomerang.com/blog/2007...iontastic-092/

Cmd-I toggles the sidebar like a drawer, but the interface retains a nice outline without a smaller drawer on one side. The content is pushed around when opening/closing, but if your window is full screen, it would do that with a drawer anyway.

I'd love to see this as well. Shirra does it very well, the only problem with their implementation is that they don't have an option for a vertical drawer.