The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Syncing iphone OmniFocus to iPhone's Calendar with Windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi!

Before I take the plunge, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible to sync OmniFocus on the iPhone to the Calendar app. I use a PC, and I think that might be where my problem is..

I'm pretty sure you can do it on the Mac with some roundabout Mobile Me -> Google Cal -> iPhone Cal or something like that... But on a PC.. is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Mike, applications on the iPhone are forbidden from looking at each others' data; OmniFocus on your phone is prevented from looking at or modifying calendar data. It was a decision driven by security concerns - you don't want a malicious app to launch and send your calendar data to gosh-knows-who.

That said, offering some of the features that are possible with OmniFocus for Mac to folks that don't have a Mac is one of the topics we're discussing. No conclusions, but we're not ignoring this.

In ios4 you do have access to the calendar info so you can now insert the reminders direct into the diary.