The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF iPad app submitted to Apple! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
And here, let me beat you wise-asses to the punch:

From The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders:
Intermittent explosive disorder (abbreviated IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by extreme expressions of anger, often to the point of uncontrollable rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand.

Sent from my mf'n iPad.
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
And here, let me beat you wise-asses to the punch:

From The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders:
Intermittent explosive disorder (abbreviated IED) is a behavioral disorder characterized by extreme expressions of anger, often to the point of uncontrollable rage, that are disproportionate to the situation at hand.

Sent from my mf'n iPad.
:D
@steven, don't worry. You are not alone. A lot of psychic daggers are being thrown toward Cupertino today. We all really want this app for iPad. Since OF iPhone doesn't look great on an iPad I have been using Toodledo. I can't wait to Toodledon't once OF for iPad comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DethByJazz View Post
Toodledon't
ha :)

Quote:
How to explain to some of you hobby users that THIS IS A NEW PLATFORM. I AM ON THIS PLATFORM ALL THE TIME. N-E-W.

And as of now, the only way I can get MY LIST OF ENDEAVORS onto my new platform is with OF iPhone pix-doubled.

This means several fields can only display ONE LINE OF TEXT. Equivalent to a calculator. sucks.

It is beyond me how some of you cats continue with your "if you really NEED Omnifocus on iPad, you must be some beret-wearing Starbucks loiterer who just doesn't GET 'the GTD.'"
EXACTLY!!! You've expressed my sentiments far better than I've been able- especially when trying to "justify" my obsession- either to myself or to others!:) :)

Quote:

"if you really need omnifocus on ipad, you must be some beret-wearing starbucks loiterer who just doesn't get 'the gtd.'"
lol!! :d

[QUOTE=DethByJazz;81186]Here's a refresher...

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders defines obsessive– activities and friendships (not accounted for by economic necessity)

Well hell! This describes me to a "T". Guess I won't worry, since I figure "I am 'not alone'" :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKaren View Post
Guess I won't worry, since I figure "I am 'not alone'" :D
Definitely. Not. Alone.

Quote:
And as of now, the only way I can get MY LIST OF ENDEAVORS onto my new platform is with OF iPhone pix-doubled.
A jailbroken iPad can be hacked so that omnifocus runs likevan iPad app. The date picker is very visually broken but works. Everything else seems to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopi View Post
A jailbroken iPad can be hacked so that omnifocus runs likevan iPad app. The date picker is very visually broken but works. Everything else seems to work.
Do you lose or risk anything substantial by jb'ing your iPad? If we weren't so (seemingly?) close to the real thing, I'd sure consider it.

I've resisted jailbreaking my iPhones over the years, & thought it would be too much trouble.

Even OF on non-jb iPad has some bugs for me (I.e. add item from safari bookmarklet)

thanks

Quote:
Do you lose or risk anything substantial by jb'ing your iPad? If we weren't so (seemingly?) close to the real thing, I'd sure consider it.

I've resisted jailbreaking my iPhones over the years, & thought it would be too much trouble.

Even OF on non-jb iPad has some bugs for me (I.e. add item from safari bookmarklet)

thanks
Spiritjb.com works very well. Just checked, sadly 3.2.1 is not jailbreakable.

Jaikbreaking on current hardware is completely reversible. You can install software that causes problems and makes your device crash. I install very little.

Biggest issue is that you often have to wait to install updates.