The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How Do i check what i've done today? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi,guys i want to check what i have done by the end of the days.how can i do that. it's just gone when i tape the check box of an action. how can i review it?
when i go setting & change the "In Project,show" to all, all things i have done show up,i don't even know when i have done it....:confused:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneros View Post
hi,guys i want to check what i have done by the end of the days.how can i do that. it's just gone when i tape the check box of an action. how can i review it?
when i go setting & change the "In Project,show" to all, all things i have done show up,i don't even know when i have done it....:confused:
You can set up a context perspective to do this. Group them by complete, and
status filter = complete. You can change the sort order within the grouping as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrhee View Post
You can set up a context perspective to do this. Group them by complete, and
status filter = complete. You can change the sort order within the grouping as well.
Hi stoneros,
I think ksrhee is assuming that you have the OmniFocus desktop program for Mac. If you are a stand-alone iPhone App user, I don't believe it's possible to do what you want, you need the desktop program to create a custom perspective that would then appear in the Perspectives list on your iPhone. Sorry.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-28 at 03:23 AM..

As of OF iPhone 1.7, some basic perspectives, including Completed, ship with the iPhone app. So no desktop version is needed. Just turn on perspectives in the iPhone app settings under Experimental Features. Then from the home screen tap Perspectives → Completed.

Curt

Thank's for u guys relpy, i think i got it..:D

Last edited by stoneros; 2010-07-28 at 03:44 AM..

Hmm, I must be missing something. I have the latest sneaky peek release and the latest iphone app, but I don't have a 'completed' perspective that I can see.

I have Contexts, Due, and Flagged that came with the app, and Today, Starting Soon, and Available that I made myself. I don't see a completed.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?

Where are you looking for perspective on the desktop? In the Perspectives menu?

Originally the Completed perspective on the desktop was a project mode perspective, and project mode perspectives don't sync to the phone. Also, if you're syncing the phone, then you don't get any of the built-in phone perspectives, just the ones from your desktop.

So, you need to verify that you have (or else create) a Completed perspective in context mode on the desktop, then sync it over.

Curt

In case it helps, here's a post where I helped another customer set up a "Stuff I completed" perspective. It's a context mode perspective, so it'll sync over to the phone.

Brian,

that did it for me. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
Originally the Completed perspective on the desktop was a project mode perspective, and project mode perspectives don't sync to the phone. Also, if you're syncing the phone, then you don't get any of the built-in phone perspectives, just the ones from your desktop.
Thanks, both those reasons answer my question.