The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Update is $39.95? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just did an update from 95943 to 96060 and the update said that it was $39.95, not free. Not sure what that means. Clarification?

I think it might be a reminder that the price will be going up soon from 39.95

Previously the new software update code that shows the price would show the price even if you'd already purchased a license. The goal of this column was to alert people that didn't have a license that they'd need to purchase one at some point. In particular, if you are running a previous major version of an application (not possible for OmniFocus...) and you see an update available, it's worth knowing that whether its a paid or free update.

The price is only an estimate, since we don't know if you are going to upgrade, buy a family pack, use an edu discount or whatnot. But the important bit is that is says something to alert users before they download the updated version.

Recently we put enough smarts into the app to determine whether you have a non-expiring license installed. Since the built-in beta license for OmniFocus is expiring, it doesn't "count" as far as showing the update as "free" and the price now shows up.

If you do have a purchased license installed, and it is showing something other than "free!" please let us know via Send Feedback so we can work on fixing it (working for me, anyway =)

Ah, OK. Turns out I never received my purchase invoice and license code. I was able to get by using the "lost license" feature (if only everyone did this!).

I already wrote in asking about the missing invoice in case it's a system issue (no, it wasn't in my trash/spam folders!).

I'll confirm that the next update says "Free".

On getting this morning's update (to v64.0.96125) Ominfocus somehow lost my paid-for license. I re-entered the license info and all seems well, at least for the moment.