The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

how to set default font? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do you change the default font in this program?

Looks like you can do it in the Terminal with the following incantation:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniGraphSketcher "NSFont" "Zapfino"
Substitute your desired font in place of "Zapfino", and you'll want to quit OmniGraphSketcher before doing this. To flush the default, it looks like

Code:
defaults delete com.omnigroup.OmniGraphSketcher DefaultLabelFont
did the trick for me.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2009-03-25 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: add means to delete new default, fix capitalization

thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, the terminal commands did not work for me, and I keep getting a default font of Lucia Grande 12 point no matter what I do.

Interesting. It isn't working for me either at this point, but I did successfully get it to use Zapfino as the default font for me last night before posting that message!

Try this on for size:

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniGraphSketcher '{ "DefaultLabelFont" = { NSFontNameAttribute = Herculanum; NSFontSizeAttribute = 14; };}'
Or use a property list editor to add the DefaultLabelFont property.

When you are done, the following command should get results like this:

Code:
defaults read com.omnigroup.OmniGraphSketcher DefaultLabelFont
{
    NSFontNameAttribute = Herculanum;
    NSFontSizeAttribute = 14;
}
Hopefully this will be made easier in future revisions :-)

Yes, this worked for me, thanks. New documents still start off in Lucia Grande font 12, but text created from there goes into the desired font.

The font handling has a ways to go, for example the text tool bar icon does not seem to do anything except take up space.

The Omni folks have their work cut out for them if they want to get this application refined to the level of their OmniGraffle product.

But its got great potential, and I expect Omni will be up to the task.

OmniGraffle has been here for a number of years ... I've lost count, but I think I've been using it more or less since it was first launched. It has developed enormously since then. This new app will be developed and refined, I'm sure, but there's no question it's going to take time, even if they can leverage code and frameworks developed for OG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiamenese View Post
OmniGraffle has been here for a number of years ... I've lost count, but I think I've been using it more or less since it was first launched. It has developed enormously since then. This new app will be developed and refined, I'm sure, but there's no question it's going to take time, even if they can leverage code and frameworks developed for OG.
Omni is clearly much larger and more agile than it was years ago. Just look at how rapid omnifocus and its iphone companion were developed. And also remember omnifocus beta was free. Omnigraphsketcher, in contrast, is generating 29.95 a pop even at its earliest beta. With the economy tanking and all, sure its difficult to predict things. But given the revenue generated from the beta, and Omni's proven capabilities, I guess I'm more optimistic than you are about how fast omnigraphsketcher is going to be developed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellmatrix View Post
Omnigraphsketcher, in contrast, is generating 29.95 a pop even at its earliest beta.
Just to clarify for anyone that might be reading, nobody should need to purchase during the beta. The licensing code is in there so that it can be tested along with the rest of the application, but new beta releases should reset the trial period. Of course, if someone wants to purchase right away we won't stop them.

If there are any questions about this or if people are running into erroneous trial expiration, please do email OmniGraphSketcher@omnigroup.com. Thanks for all of your feedback so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_m View Post
Just to clarify for anyone that might be reading, nobody should need to purchase during the beta. The licensing code is in there so that it can be tested along with the rest of the application, but new beta releases should reset the trial period. Of course, if someone wants to purchase right away we won't stop them.

If there are any questions about this or if people are running into erroneous trial expiration, please do email OmniGraphSketcher@omnigroup.com. Thanks for all of your feedback so far.
thanks for the clarification on this