The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I wish Reeder supported "Send To OmniFocus" Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I do wish that Reeder would incorporate a Send to Omnifocus... But I should be telling _them_ not y'all.

Would anyone else like a Reeder Send to Omnifocus?

yes, reeder support would be fabulous!

Yep - I'll second this. Would be super handy. I've just embraced Reeder on the iPad over the google reader web client. At least now with multitasking on the iPad it's easier to pop in and do a quick entry, but an integrated solution would be ace.

Resurrecting this thread as I have just submitted a feature request to the reeder developer. If more of us ask it may get added! Reeder + Omnifocus = amazingness!!

Yes totally agree, Reeder & Omnifocus integration would be excellent.

Yeah, It would be nice Reeder + Omnifocus

This is THE precise reason I finally replaced Reeder with Mr. Reader. And folks, the integration is downright blissful. Kicker: the overall feature set + UI are so good that, in a huge surprise to me, I don't even miss Reeder for my day-to-day RSS readings. Between being able to shoot full articles to PinBoard or to my Evernote addy via "EMail Article," plus easy "Send to OmniFocus" integration, I'm in eHeaven! Been using Mr. Reader for several weeks now-- no problems.

P.S.: Reeder remains best for getting to Starred articles, especially by category/folder-- so it remains loaded, until I can work my way through those items and de-star them. Mr. Reader has so many toss-it-here options that I ceased starring anything. Just gotta kill my backlogged stars now.

Just checked pricing for Mr. Reader: $3.99

Folks that want to see "Send to OmniFocus" appear in Reeder (or any other app of their choice) may want to send a link to this thread to the developer of that app.

We can't insert code into other folks' apps, but the sample code in that thread will work well with OmniFocus to send information over. They need to add the feature themselves, in other words, but we've tried to make it as easy as possible for them to do so.

Don't know how I managed to miss adding that info to this thread earlier!

Last edited by Brian; 2011-09-08 at 03:01 PM..

Mr. Reader leaves a really good impression, I bought it because of this thread and tested it a bit...pretty smooth, works with OF flawlessly. No iPhone app so far but I think working on it.

Your other option is to send the feed from reeder (not Mr. reader) to Instapaper if you have that. Instapaper has an option to send to OF.