The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Expand All Notes ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a button or technique to expand all notes in an outline? I like the export to HTML feature, but it doesn't export notes unless they're expanded, first. It's an annoyance to go through each item with a note and expand it just for exporting. Especially if I have a large outline.

Thanks for any assistance.

I have exactely the same request : I did put all my info into the Notes. I do need to have them opened. and opening each of them individualy is just a time lost. can you add a quick way (like expand all in the view palette) ? that would be great...

If you paste the following Applescript into Script Editor, and save it with a memorable name to the folder:

[username]/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus

you will find that the Omnioutliner menu's View/Customize_Toolbar will enable you to drag its icon to the toolbar.

Should do the trick.

Code:
tell application "OmniOutliner Professional"
	if (count of documents) > 0 then
		tell front document
			set expanded of every row to true
			set note expanded of every row to true
		end tell
	end if
end tell

Last edited by RobTrew; 2008-02-19 at 09:22 AM..

I appreciate the script, but... I'm having trouble.

I've checked the pathname and permissions on each element in the path, and something's not right.

$ cd
$ file Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus/*
Library/Scripts/Applications/OmniFocus/OO_ExpandNotes.scpt: data

But when I go to customize my toolbar in OO, this script doesn't show up. I've exited OO after creating the script, etc., and it still doesn't work.

Curiously, if I do the same procedure in OmniFocus to customize my toolbar, the script _does_ show up for addition to my toolbar in OF.

So why is it working in OF, but not OO? I have OO 3.6.4 on OS 10.5.2. Any help would be much appreciated.

It looks as if you are missing out the first part of the path:

you need to place the script in ~/Library/Scripts/Applications/Omnifocus

where ~ stands for the path up to your user account.

Browse to your home folder, find the Library folder, and then drill down through Scripts and Applications to the Omnifocus scripts folder.

Not to be snotty, but the "cd" catches that. It's like Dorothy's red shoes: "There's no place like home..." :-)

A puzzle. Working here with OO Professional 3.64 and OS X 10.52.

In the interim you could run it from the script menu icon.

I wonder if my earlier installation of OO 3 might be interfering.

If you look at the "Backup" section, it says "Once you have saved a document, OmniOutliner 3 can..."

Should I just remove the OO 3 application?

Same text in my copy of OO Pro 3.6.4

I take it that the script icon is not just lurking unnoticed in there somewhere ?

Unless I'm overlooking it...

The files are there:

And, as I said, I'm able to import these scripts into OmniFocus's toolbar, so I think I have it mostly correct. But here's what I see in OO: