The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Script to convert OmniOutliner row to OmniFocus Action Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Because the Clip-o-tron is whacked in Omnifocus (puts the name of the file in the action), I wrote this applescript to take a list of selected rows in OO and convert each one to an action in OmniFocus's quick entry window.

I've not tested it much, but maybe it's a help to others and a starting place for more scripting on this.

Code:
tell front document of application "OmniOutliner Professional"
	-- set theDoc to front document
	--set columnCount to count of columns of theDoc

set theList to the selected rows
	set theCount to (count of selected rows)
	if theCount < 1 then
		display dialog "You need to select at least one row to use this script." buttons "Cancel" default button "Cancel"
	end if

-- go through each selected row in OmniOutliner and then create a corresponding
	-- action in the quick entry box of OF

set actionText to ""
	repeat with i from 1 to theCount

set actionText to (get topic of item i of selected rows)

-- create a new action in Omnifocus QuickEntry window

tell application "OmniFocus"
			-- create new action
			tell quick entry
				open
				set NewTask to make new inbox task with properties {name:actionText}
			end tell
		end tell
	end repeat
end tell