The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone projects showing inactive, dropped, etc. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just updated to 1.1. All was well most of today, did several syncs between desktop and iPhone.

But a short while, the iPhone app Projects are showing everything -- dropped, on hold, completed, not just Remaining (which is the setting I've got).

Am I missing something obvious here?

Wow - I wasn't aware that there was any way to show completed actions on the phones. Can you use the "Send Feedback" button in the settings screen to shoot us an email so we can figure out what's going on here.

It would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the top Projects screen. To take one, press the home and power buttons on your phone at the same time. The screen will flash white, and the screenshot will appear in the camera app.

Thanks, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing!

You know, I've been using the iPhone app for how many months now, and I never noticed the "All" option in the "In projects, show:" setting?

Now that I've realized that's there - go me - I'd double-check that it wasn't selected accidentally on your phone as well. If it isn't, proceed with what I said before. :-)

I'd checked that already, "Remaining" is selected for 'In Projects'.

Hmmm... yeah, then please send some screenshots to the support ninjas - we'll try to determine what's going on here on that basis.

Last edited by Brian; 2008-11-04 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: correct typo in the email address

Update: Looks like we have a bug on the phone where folders that are marked as dropped are visible in the Project view on the phone when it's set to Remaining. Wrote that up as a bug. (There was some confusion re: folders vs. projects that the screenshots made clearer.)

Projects set to On Hold are meant to be visible in remaining view, so that's not unusual. If folks want to hide them, they can choose the Available setting for project view.

I'm not seeing Completed projects showing up in the Project view on the phone when set to Remaining, but if folks are seeing that, please send us a screenshot so we can try to diagnose what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Update: Looks like we have a bug on the phone where folders that are marked as dropped are visible in the Project view on the phone when it's set to Remaining.
I'm seeing the same behavior in Contexts view, regardless of how the Context 'show' setting. Folders marked as 'dropped' in the desktop version still show in the Context, albeit with the red 'x' in the icon.