The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

selective use of check boxes in OMPL format? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When working with OPML files in OO, is it possible to have some rows showing check boxes, while others don't?

Thanks.

OmniOutliner can produce files like this, but my understanding of the OPML format is that it's pretty bare-bones. I'd be mildly surprised if it supported this.

I do not believe that OmniOutliner will allow use of status checkboxes on anything but an all-or-none basis. It appears in the document section of the inspector, not the styles.

I'm not sure if this is what you were after but I have some OO documents which have some sections with checkboxes and others without. The only downside is the space for the checkbox is still taken up even though the check box isn't showing.

The document needs to have them showing by default, which you can enable via the View menu if they are disabled. Then for the sections or rows you don't want to have them you can disabled them within the document on a line by line or section basis. To turn the checkboxes off, first you need to select the section or row and then right click on it and from the pop up menu select Set Status and then choose NONE.

if you save the OO file by exporting to an OPML file you can view the way its done in OPML by viewing the resultant file in textedit.

Well, I guess I'll have to change my belief :-) The iPad app will display such a document correctly, though it does not appear to allow you to modify the visibility of a checkbox on a row-by-row basis. Still, this is a most welcome discovery, thanks!

Awesome. I didn't expect this to be possible, either. Thanks, so much, Cypher, much appreciated.