The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

European keyboards and Omni product keyboard shortcuts. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
As a licensed user of OmniFocus, OmniOutliner Pro and OmniGraffle Pro, I am pleading with Omni developers to please remember those customers that are not using US English keyboards. I realize that it is possible to quickly run out of key combinations, but insisting on using Command and left or right bracket (as well as Command and left or right curly bracket) leads to no end of frustration as those keys simply do not exist on my keyboard. At least allow us to change those key commands to something that is meaningful in the context of our keyboard layouts.

For the record, I am using a Danish Apple white keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotterdk View Post
At least allow us to change those key commands to something that is meaningful in the context of our keyboard layouts.
With a bit of work, you can create your own keyboard shortcuts in the Keyboard & Mouse preference pane of System Preferences. (Of course, I don't know the Danish equivalents.) I tried earlier today and got a spectacular OmniFocus crash, but I've just been assured by support that the bug has been fixed.

This should work for all Cocoa applications.

Cooool. Thanks for the tip.