The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start and Due columns disappear from inbox Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Periodically, my "start" and "due" columns will disappear from the default "Inbox" view. To get them back, I go to "View" -> "Columns" and check "start date" and "due date," and they reappear.

Is this behavior by design? Am I overlooking something? I really need to be able to control start and due dates while processing my inbox.

Thanks for any ideas y'all may have.

The show/hide settings for those columns are saved on a per-perspective basis. I believe they default to "hide", so unless your perspectives specifically show them, that could explain what you're seeing here.

Try opening up each of your perspectives in turn; if the columns are hidden, show them, then select the "save snapshot of <perspective>" command from the Perspectives menu.

Does that help at all?

Hey Brian. Thanks for your reply.

I'm using perspectives quite a bit already, so I actually just created a custom "Inbox 0" to replace the default inbox. I can show due date, start date and estimate in my custom inbox. So, problem solved; with a work-around.

The question remains. Does the default Inbox "perspective" have due date, start date, etc., automatically set to show up?

The built in perspectives don't have the columns specifically shown or hidden; they'll simply leave whatever columns are visible in that window the way they are.

Maybe your default view has the columns set to hide?