The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recurrent tasks and iterations Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Dear Omni Group team,

thanks a lot for this great product!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support recurrent tasks, especially iterations, in a convenient way. For planning agile, iterative software projects, it would be great to be able to schedule the same task a couple of times. The projects I'm usually faced with usually contain a number of identical iterations (up to 5 or 6), consisting of a couple of tasks (analysis, planning, implementation, testing, ...). It would be great if these iterations could be displayed horizontally, instead of adding a new set of task rows for each iteration.

I guess a quite straightforward way would be to use a group for each task type (e.g., "Analysis") and add a task to this group for each iteration. I tried this, but when I collapse the group, all task bars are fused to a single long bar. Maybe it would be possible to add an option to control the collapsing behaviour - either show one large bar which spans all tasks (like it is implemented now), or show the subtask bars on a single row.

Of course it would be even better to support iterations (e.g., declare a task group as iteration and allow to add soft copies - like the phrase repetition in music sequencing programs).

Sorry if this feature is beyond the scope, but I could imagine that it would set OmniPlan apart from its competitors.

TIA for any hints how to achieve this behaviour with the current version!

Andreas

We have a feature request for this in our database, so I'll add a vote to it for you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
We have a feature request for this in our database, so I'll add a vote to it for you. :)
I enthusiastically vote for this as well.

Peter Elias

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong
Thanks a lot! :)

Andreas

No problem nobby.

Vote added for you too Pheski. :)

Please add my vote also

You got it pslade!

I'm after this feature too.

vote added for you gregc

this would be very valuable.