The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Creating interactive diagram? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi! I'm an OmniGraffle rookie and would like to know if it's possible to create an interactive diagram with OmniGraffle. I'd like a user to be able to click on a part of the diagram and either be taken to another related diagram or have some explanatory text appear somewhere on the page. If this sort of thing is possible, can someone point me toward an overview of how to do it? My audience, unfortunately, is on Windows, so is there a way to export the diagram to Flash or something else they'd be able to use?

Thanks!

The Action Inspector will allow you to do these sorts of things -- Going over to Windows, either an HTML or PDF export in OmniGraffle 5 should allow jumping around in the document.

I've used PDF files quite effectively for this. PDFs are great as they are encapsulated files

HTML should work too for local demos as Joel says. but they are a collection of files and can be large as they are just jpeg / pngs of each page.

Joel -

one thing I would love to see on the HTML export is having the notes show up as hover tags like they do in the OG Pro Presentation mode. This would make wireframes much more useful, especially when you don't have every link mapped out (which you never do, of course)

Morgan

Are there any plans to export more actions to HTML (e.g. "Show Hide Layer")?

I love being able to export to HTML, because I can instantly send those prototypes out to others.