The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript find & replace in OmniOutliner Standard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello everybody,

I often paste chunks of pre-formatted text into OmniOutliner. I would like to use some applescript to handle these pieces. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no experience with this language. Could you please give me a tiny example of apple script finding a regular expression in the document (or in selected cell) and replacing it with a string?
So far, I haven't found any good sample. There is an attempt by vhkida over here, but it uses a gui-based approach and not OmniOutliner's object model.
Any help would be much appreciated. If nobody responds, I file a request to the support team (which is a bit merciless, because this is not their problem, but mine) and post the details here. If we get a good sample, I guess it will be rather easy to modify and expand it, add cycles, conditions, exceptions etc... This can be a foundation of a great tool.

Michael