The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniPlan 2.0 - Not the usual level of Fit and Finish Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just purchased my upgrade to 2.0 and honestly I'm a bit disappointed at the level of Fit and Finish.

First, the Use Small Size option in the Customize Toolbar sheet is broken. Although the option does work if I control click and choose it from the drop down.

Then, there are these interface issues:

Are these heart stopping problems that prevent me from using the program? Of course not. But, I've only been using the software for about an hour. And, given Omni's reputation for only shipping high quality products, it's disappointing to see the program shipped with pretty obvious bugs/interface flaws - some of which were previously noted by me in the Alpha/Beta Stage.

It's not the flaws that bother as much as the notion that in an effort to have iPad, iPhone and Mac versions of all their software, keep them all up to date, and incorporate all the new features from each OS update, Omni is letting their overall quality slip.

Hopefully I'm wrong and these are small inconsistencies which simply slipped through and not indicative of a larger quality problem.

Can't see any of the images you included...

Scratch that, OmniWeb was in the process of exhausting its address space, and crashed a few seconds later. Now they show up.

Last edited by whpalmer4; 2011-07-18 at 10:29 AM..

Images work for me. Perhaps they weren't finished uploading to the server?

Are they missing for anyone else?

You're not the only one who was a bit surprised to see some obvious polishing opportunities left undone.

To riff on your thematic materials here:

the "font issue" appears when you check and uncheck an item in the view columns window. It goes away if you close the window and return, but this should be well-settled code, as the lawyers would say.

Clicking in some of the boxes in the Inspector sometimes gets an outline like this (see the Variance End box):

(and speaking of the Inspector, why did the ability to tab through most of the fields get yanked?!?)

The toolbar customization gets worse: if you bring up the dialog, and click on the choice for Show: Icon & Text the whole thing immediately goes grey and is unusable.

I bet if I went to the trouble of checking the bugs I reported, I would find a substantial percentage still present, even if I restricted it to the ones where I was told they would be fixed before shipping. Doesn't seem like a productive use of my time, or likely to improve anyone's day, so I'm not going to do that!

We really do appreciate the time that you took to report bugs during the sneaky peeks and the public betas. Believe me, they're definitely on our radar even though they weren't fixed for 2.0.

We're never excited about pushing cosmetic bugs out to a post launch release, but we'll often do so if the new features in a major release are of more benefit to customers than waiting longer for fixes on stuff like this. Having said that, we do plan to polish OmniPlan in the months ahead, just like we did for OmniPlan 1.0 and all of our other products.

I appreciate your response and am glad to hear that these minor issues are scheduled to be fixed at some point.