The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Different Resources Calendar View? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm licensed user of OmniPlan (among a few other Omni apps ... ok, I am Omni fan :) and I don't have any significant complaints about the OP -- it does what is supposed to do and it does it well. However, maybe once week I'd need a different view of the calendar by resources (in my case resources=people or group of peeps). The view could be described as a more of a "classic" individual members task schedule that actually looks like a schedule. Any possibility of integrating a view like that in the future version of OP? (or did I miss something that's already there?)

I know I didn't describe very well what I'm looking for, so here is a screenshot from an app that I currently use to get that view.

Edit 02/03/09: corrected link to the screenshot

Last edited by zts-it; 2009-02-03 at 07:29 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by zts-it View Post
I'm licensed user of OmniPlan (among a few other Omni apps ... ok, I am Omni fan :) and I don't have any significant complaints about the OP -- it does what is supposed to do and it does it well. However, maybe once week I'd need a different view of the calendar by resources (in my case resources=people or group of peeps). The view could be described as a more of a "classic" individual members task schedule that actually looks like a schedule. Any possibility of integrating a view like that in the future version of OP? (or did I miss something that's already there?)

I know I didn't describe very well what I'm looking for, so here is a screenshot from an app that I currently use to get that view.

Edit 02/03/09: corrected link to the screenshot
I think we can set something similar to the screenshot that you linked to. If you go to the Resource View in OmniPlan (third button from the left in the toolbar) you can set the timeline to show the day scale by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.

Then, go to "View" > "View Options" and set the gantt chart up so that the task name appears in the middle of the task bar and the start and end dates can appear on the sides of the task bar.

I've linked to a screenshot of what this would look like. Let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akwong View Post
I think we can set something similar to the screenshot that you linked to. If you go to the Resource View in OmniPlan (third button from the left in the toolbar) you can set the timeline to show the day scale by clicking on the magnifying glass in the top right corner.

Then, go to "View" > "View Options" and set the gantt chart up so that the task name appears in the middle of the task bar and the start and end dates can appear on the sides of the task bar.

I've linked to a screenshot of what this would look like. Let me know what you think.
Excellent!!! I hate maintaining the same data in two apps just for one view that I need once a week, and what you did will do just fine. Thank you so much!