The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feature request - show icon for note at action level Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm wondering if this would be possible?

When I'm working on a complex project with a lot of actions, I may put notes relevant to the project into one of those actions. When I look at this at project level, there's no indication of which action had the notes attached until I open the actual action.

Being of advanced years and having no memory left! it would be really handy to have a small icon or something (a bit like the flag icon) to indicate this.

I've been getting round this by having an action called notes, or by flagging the task with the notes, but a dedicated icon would be very welcome.

Is there any reason why you do not attach the project notes to the project itself?

Some of my projects have a lot of steps where the notes only apply to one of those steps, not all. Like getting the Autumn Newsletter out will start with

Get quote from printers for 3,000 to be delivered on 25th October
(note: see if they can get designer A as we prefer his style)

Put out request for submissions
(note: remember David is away until the 3rd, but will definitely submit article on his trip - leave room for this)

Collate suitable photos
(note: include the photo Sue took at her meeting)

At the moment, when I put these in, there's nothing to tell me on the iPhone that there is a note associated with a task until I open the task itself.

Even if I attach a note to the project itself, there's still nothing on the iPhone to remind me that it's there.

That's why I've resorted to having a Notes action where I keep all the notes and this makes it obvious that there are notes. But, it's a bit tedious having to always look there just in case there's a note of something I need to remember. The note may only apply to 2 of the 20 steps.

I have to only work from my iPhone at work, we are all PC based, so I can't use Omnifocus on the desktop there.

It's not a huge problem, more of a niggle really, and as the app already shows an orange flag if the task has been flagged, I thought it might be not too difficult to have something similar to indicate whether there's a note there too/instead.