The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Behavior of mail clipping under Snow Leopard Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I need community help.

My understanding of the mail clipping thing (Clipotron 3000) is that the email's subject line should go into the "Name" box and that the contents of the email go into "Note" field with a link back to the email. When I activate mail clipping I get an informational note entered into the "Name" box like "From Mail - Inbox — Gmail IMAP (xxx messages, yy unread)" and there is no link back to the original email. This is not the kind of functionality I was looking for.

What is Clipotron supposed to do?

Brad

You'll get that behavior if you've managed to get the "Mail on Mac OS X 10.5" line unchecked in the Clippings preferences in OmniFocus. There may be other causes as well, but that's an easy one to check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
You'll get that behavior if you've managed to get the "Mail on Mac OS X 10.5" line unchecked in the Clippings preferences in OmniFocus. There may be other causes as well, but that's an easy one to check.
Well that was easy. I mis-interpreted what that check box was for and left it un-checked. Thanks,
Brad