The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Amazon.com wishlist problem Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The "Add to Wishlist" widget on Amazon.com product pages doesn't seem to work properly in OmniWeb 5.7 beta.

Expected: Clicking on the drop-down arrow opens up a small pane that lets you choose a wishlist to add to. This works as expected in Gecko-based browsers like Camino 1.5.4 and the Firefox 3 nightlies.

Observed: A loading widget appears, but instead of opening the list of wishlists/gift lists, the item gets added to your shopping cart.

Disabling javascript for amazon.com in Site Preferences allows the item to actually be added to your main wishlist, but since it's the simple non-scripted version of the page there is no way to directly add the item to an alternate list.

Safari 3.0.4 exhibits the same behavior on OS 10.5.2, so I'm assuming it's an issue that WebKit in general has been having since Amazon redesigned some of their site elements?

I had this happen to me this weekend.

I found that just clicking the add to wishlist button, instead of click-hold (to try and get the menu) worked fine.