The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How find a color by name? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the style attributes inspector, the color of the selected item is shown in a chit, and also identified with a descriptive name.

I love the wonderful variety of colors available from the first color choosing tool (the one with the color wheel) and use custom colors to pick out certain kinds of information so it will be easy to spot.

But I can't find a way to keep track of which color on the wheel and its palette, is which named color. As a result, when I want to use one again, I have to hunt, by trying a square on the palette and seeing if that results in the selection looking different.

Is there a chart of the named colors somewhere? Is there a way to keep track of them? To pull a color from one selection onto another?

I can provide you with a really bad answer that is basically me trying to remember the conversation I had with the engineer who wrote that code a couple of years back, but I'm not sure how helpful that would be. :-)

The best thing to do would be to send an email to the support ninjas; they'll get it in the morning, and they'll be able to ask the relevant folks.

There isn't a list of color names, though - there are several million possible colors, and I don't think they coded up that many possible names. :-)

One thing that might help - at the bottom of the color wheel panel, you'll see a small dot. Click on that and drag down - you'll see a row of small squares appear. If you drag a color from the large area at the top of the window to one of those squares, that color will be saved for you to use later. That help at all?

"If you drag a color from the large area at the top of the window to one of those squares, that color will be saved for you to use later."

You learn something every day. Thanks.

rb