The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Moving tabs between workspaces Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is it possible to move a tab from a window in one workspace to another workspace?

I often find myself opening a tab in the wrong workspace (e.g. I visit a computing webpage when I'm in a 'Physics' workspace). So it would be great to be able to just drag the tab over to the Workspaces window and drop it into a window in the correct workspace. But this doesn't seem to be possible right now -- dragging the tab over to the Workspaces window doesn't do anything.

I think you can drag the window parent of the tab to the workspace. Then you make the workspace active and drag the tab to the main window, and you can then delete the 'rest' of that new window.

You can actually cut/copy and paste tab(s) between workspaces. Select the ones you want, copy, go to the workspace (and this is the slightly tricky bit!) click inside the tab drawer (but not on a tab) and hit paste! Its easier when moving tabs to a new workspace.

Jon, it doesn't matter if you click on a tab, it still pastes the copied tabs as additional ones at the bottom of the listing without overwriting the one you clicked.

Jon didn't mention it, but the standard UI conventions apply - you can shift click to select a continuous collection of tabs or you can command click to select a discontinuous collection (then command-c to copy or command-x to cut).