The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keyboard shortcuts for moving to different paynes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In the video, I saw Ethan create nested projects, then to add tasks to the sub projects, he click on the right pane to activate it and then used the beautiful Omni shortucts to create the tasks.

Would be nice to easily move between paynes with the keyboard. But moving between the panes may not be necessary.

Bump.

I too am wondering about whether a shortcut exists for this.

If you select a project in the left pane and hit return, it will add a task/action to the project. Is that what you were looking for?

Hi Michelle

I'm aware of that shortcut and it is very useful.

However, let's say I'm in context view and the focus is on the contexts in the left column - I can arrow up and down just fine.

But there are times when I want to move the focus over to the actual actions on the right hand side. It would be nice to do this via the keyboard and not have to mouse over and click to do so.

Thanks Bongoman. We've received similar feedback from a few people and hopefully we'll be able to implement something that will work for you. Stay tuned!

as a mouse/trackpad-averse person (live in quicksilver) i would find a keyboard-way to move from pane to pane very helpful. a much desired feature! thanks.

Keyboards rule, pointing devices suck. I second this feature request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooce
Keyboards rule, pointing devices suck. I second this feature request.
Uh Oh! Sounds like war to me. What's a keyboard?