The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

⇧⌘← / Location Bar Keyboard Access Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi,

Two things:

One: I'm thoroughly accustomed to using ⇧⌘← to highlight text to the beginning of the line (⌘← = go to beginning of current editor line; shifting adds text selection to any cursor move). OmniWeb thinks I want to go to my Start Page when I do that, which has caused me no end of frustration while editing. In fact, it's already happened twice while drafting this message. Keyboard shortcuts are great; consistency with established editing shortcuts is better.

Two: When I open a new window or tab, it's usually because I'm about to type an address or do a quick search. To that end, a setting that keeps the cursor in the location bar when manually opening a new tab or window would be nice. As I mentioned (agreeing with another poster) in another thread, I'd really like the option to open a new blank tab or window, while still having a default start page that opens when the program first launches.

Michael