The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Puring completions Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Asked this once before, but to no avail, so I thought I'd try again:

Is there any way to auto-delete all completed tasks? There are two ways this would be handy:

- A big "delete all completed tasks" button.
- A policy that once completed, tasks hang around for X days, then disappear on their own.

Do either of the above functions exist? Or could they be implemented via AppleScript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelShapiro View Post
Do either of the above functions exist? Or could they be implemented via AppleScript?
They don't yet exist. They could be implemented via AppleScript.

Or you could try deleting them manually. Warning: This is untested, since I don't want to delete my past actions. Use at your own risk. Choose File --> Backup Database first!:

1. Backup up your database. Really!

2. Switch to Context Mode, set the View Bar to (left-to-right): Available Contexts, Ungrouped, Project, Completed, Any, All.

3. Select a task in the list.

4. Choose Edit --> Select All

5. Press the delete key.

You may have to repeat steps 4 and 5 a few times, since the first set of deletions might turn some Action Groups (which don't show in Context Mode) into lone actions, which then must also be deleted.

If this process works for you, you probably want to save the view as a perspective so you can easily come back to it.

Curt

I think a better way might be to do it at the project level - planning view, completed projects, select all, delete. You'd still probably have to use Curt's method for anything that had been living in a singleton bucket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
They don't yet exist. They could be implemented via AppleScript.

OK, so it took an awfully long time, but I've created a script to do exactly this.