The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recurring task question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am trying to setup some recurring actions to cover maintenance tasks that I am terrible about doing - paying bills, generating bills for customers, etc.

Some of these I want to happen twice a month... on the 28th and the 13th... a couple days before the end of the month and a couple of days before the middle of the month. Others I want to recur on a day of the week... like every 3rd Wednesday. I don't see a way to do both of these, and I'm not sure which way it currently works. Do week and month rotations repeat on the day of the week (Sunday, etc.), or the day of the month (3rd)? Maybe the answer is to create two tasks... one monthly for the 28th, and another separate one for the 13th. Any way to do it in one task?

Something that repeats weekly repeats on the same day of the week. Something that repeats monthly repeats on the same day of the month (the same day number). Also, if you set it to the 31st of January, it will repeat on the 28th of February.

So, no, you can't have a single task repeat on the 13th and the 28th of the month.

I believe there is no way to schedule a repeating task on the third wednesday of every month. Send a feature request to Omni if you want to see this. The more people who ask for it, the sooner it will happen.

Right now, iCal can do everything you want. Choose "custom" under the repeat option.

Last edited by abh19; 2008-11-03 at 04:25 AM..

I dont' really use iCal for anything but a go between, so I would prefer to keep all my actions that are tied to a particular time in OF, not the Calendar. I only want my Calendar to have things like meetings and conference calls that must be done at a particular time. I use Lotus Notes, by the way.