The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Clip-o-tron shortcuts do not work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

Can anyone help me. i have installed the clip-o-tron but the shortcuts do not seem to work. I have reinstalled it all and changed the shortcuts but still nothing works.

Thanks

Pascal

Could you be a bit more specific about what you are doing? That will help us figure out what is going wrong. You might also check out this post as a possible cause.

What settings do you use in Preferences > Clippings. How are your plug-ins ordered in that Preferences pane?

Same trouble as Pascal. My plug-ins are in the following order:
Finder
Mail with Mailtags
Mail on MAC OS X 10.5
Omniplan
Omniweb
Safari
Each program
NetNewsWire (not active)

I am using Mail with Mail Tags 2.2.3.

Can anybody help.

Thanks

Arie

Does it work if you use the Services menu for clipping? (That is, Mail -> Services -> OmniFocus: Send to Inbox)

Typically this problem occurs when people try to use shortcuts that the operating system doesn't pass through to OF.

Curt

I tried the service menu. Works perfect. Thanks Curt. But do you have a suggestion for a shortcut. I tried several. Nothing seems to work. I used CTRL + ALT + C without problems. But after re-instelling it stopped.

Arie

cmd-shift-comma works and is reportedly used by Omni's CEO, so I imagine if that changes, it won't be because of something Omni did :-) Maybe you just need to re-record the shortcut, have you tried doing that? If it still doesn't work, check System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse panel, Keyboard Shortcuts section to make sure something else hasn't been assigned that key combination. Does your chosen shortcut show up in the Services menu next to the OmniFocus: Send to Inbox entry?

I just re-installed OmniFocus completely. Again it did not work. I am working in the Dutch language. In the service menu there is no shortcut present and the entry is in English (Send to Inbox) instead of Dutch.

Arie

I found a recent update to OF or to MailTags (not sure which one) seems to have deleted my clippings shortcut. Resetting it to what it was before (OmniFocus menu > Preferences > Clippings > Clippings Shortcut) fixed the problem.

I´m using a localized german Version and wondered aswell why the shortcut doesn´t appear in the service menu.

Then I realized that the name in the service menu ("OmniFocus: Send to Inbox") differs from the setting in Mouse&Keyboard System Preferences where the description is in german. I´ve changed the Description in Mouse&Keyboard to english. Now it works.

Maybe this is a localization issue. To be honest: today is the first time I got that shortcut work although I´m using OF from the very Alpha Version.... very tricky :(