The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Kayboard shortcuts not working Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OF isn't letting me use all keyboard shortcuts. Command-1 and Command-2 do give me their respective views, but Command-Option-1 gives me an alert sound instead of taking me to the Inbox. A Perspectives shortcut I created (Command-Num Keypad 0) doesn't work, either.

I'm working on a Spanish keyboard, but changing to English in the Mac OS keyboard menu is no help.

Any ideas as to what could be happening? Thanks!

PS. Loving OF, BTW. Great for unstructured scatterbrains like me!

Are you on an Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac? We've encountered a couple of cases where keyboard shortcuts that work on Intel machines don't work on PowerPC machines. Our working theory is that there's a bug in 10.5 that only affects PowerPC machines. (Of course, if you're using an Intel machine, there's something else going on.)

If you are on a PPC machine, it would be very helpful if you could send information about your computer - what processor, what version of the OS, which keyboard setup you're using - in addition to the info you posted here to the support ninjas. Ask that they attach your email to issue 43042 in our development database.

Looking at the notes attached to that issue I mentioned in my last post, it looks like the keyboard shortcuts need to be compatible with the OS X menu system. (As opposed to being bound to specific physical key codes.)

Since the menu system can't tell the difference between "7" and "Pad 7", our shortcuts always map to the non-keypad variant. Hopefully that helps with that problem, at least.

Thanks, Brian! The Pad trick has worked for me, and I've sent an email off to the support ninjas.