The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeat every 2nd day? Every week? Every monday? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry, if there is an answer, but my english ist not so good.
Can I make a task in Omnifocus repeat every Monday and Thursday or maybe 3 times a week?
I just found something like "do it every second day" or "every week", I need something how I can repeat things maybe just on Monday and on saturday.
Best Regards
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsphase View Post
Sorry, if there is an answer, but my english ist not so good.
Can I make a task in Omnifocus repeat every Monday and Thursday or maybe 3 times a week?
I just found something like "do it every second day" or "every week", I need something how I can repeat things maybe just on Monday and on saturday.
Best Regards
Kevin
You've posted in the OmniPlan forum, not the OmniFocus forum, but I'll answer here and maybe Aaron or Brian can move the original query and response to where they belong.

At the moment, OmniFocus doesn't allow you to set a task to repeat with the schedule you want. Use Help->Send Feedback or email omnifocus@omnigroup.com to make an official request for richer repeat functionality. They prioritize their development work based in part on how many requests a feature gets.

For a task to repeat every Monday and every Saturday, I would set up two identical tasks, both repeating every 7 days from assignment date, with one of them with a start date of the next Monday, and the other with a start date of the next Saturday. Using start dates will hide the actions from view until they are ready to be started if you use the Available or Next Action action view in the view bar.

Three times a week is every 56 hours. Two times a week is every 84 hours. I wish repeating could be as flexible as in PocketInformant (end repeat, xth day of xth week in xth month, skip a particular occurance, ...), but I can get the basics working in OmniFocus.