The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I Love Emailing Tasks...but... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
...is there any way to email multiple tasks, or do i need to do them one by one by one by one...

Getting closer to managing delegation. :)

okay..looks like it will send over Nested Tasks...just wish there was a quick way to enter nested items without resorting to the Move command...i'll keep digging...maybe i'm missing something.

Loving it so far. :D

Ok...going into Edit mode let's me drag and drop stuff...

Ha!

So when do we get this on the desktop and on the iPhone. :)

Last edited by policarpo; 2010-07-30 at 08:42 AM..

Bah...it doesn't work the way i thought it did. I was syncing to my machine. BAH!

I was hoping i could email out nested tasks and have it open in OF Desktop.:(

Looks like it's 1 @ a time and only with 1.8 sneaky peaks.:confused:

The URL method for adding tasks was introduced in the 1.8 development, so yes, it only works for recipients running the Sneaky Peeks at the moment, though the email does have all the information you would need to type it in yourself, as I recall.

The URL method only supports adding one task at a time at present, and it only contains the action name and the note.
Code:
omnifocus:///add?name=hello%20world&note=text%20and%20http://example.org/%20link

So close to absolute DELEGATION grrrr.....:D

I would like to know if I can add invitees to my projects and tasks. Or if I can email the the task to someone and be added to Omnifocus (Mac or iPad) automatically. Like iCal, Taska, Todo can do.

Thanks!

I just got and noticed the only thing I can do is send tasks to other people and I am still not really sure if I can import the task back with modification made by the other task member.

It simply sends a message describing the action, plus a URL to click, which if clicked by a user with a sufficiently new copy of OmniFocus for Mac will add e name and note of the action to the inbox. Sufficiently new means the sneaky peek releases which will eventually ship as 1.8. To use them, see this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=15345

So in other words, anything done to the action by your correspondent will not be sent back to you.