The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pasted graphic bug (?) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I am using OmniOutliner Pro 3.9.5 at work to quickly keep track of stuff I'm seeing on my screen by pressing Cmd-Ctrl-Shift-4 and pasting as a graphic. I also paste in PDFs or folder aliases from time to time.

I've been pasting and writing in the same file for a long time (like a log book). It was working great until recently, where I've found that the pasted graphics have been randomly getting mixed up with each other (e.g. One of my pasted images will start appearing in the place where a different image should have been). When I click the little arrow for these "mixed up" images to see them in preview they just appear as a question mark.

Obvious this is counterproductive to keeping good records at work with OO like I had intended. I couldn't find anything about this by searching and would appreciate any help.

Best,

Matt

What OS X version are you running? This sounds like a bug we've seen but haven't been able to reproduce since 10.6.4 came out.

I am running OS 10.5.8

This is likely the bug I'm thinking of. If this is a file you're willing to send us a copy of, we'd be happy to see if there's anything we can do. You can contact us at omnioutliner@omnigroup.com

Sorry for the trouble!

I just had a similar problem with pasted graphics--after saving the file and closing it, the images are missing and there is just text that says "pasted graphic" in its place.

OS X 10.7.3
OO Pro 3.10.4

denno, it sounds like you might be saving as OPML instead of the OmniOutliner 3 format. Try duplicating the document and saving it in the OmniOutliner 3 format and then see if your images will stay around.