The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Combining two OmniFocus documents? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

Up until now I've been happily using different OF files at work and at home. But that bothers me (for a variety of info duplication issues that aren't important), and I looked into combining them into a single OF document.

And couldn't.

While there's an Export command, I couldn't find a matching Import command.

Any suggestions? I could probably hack up the XML, but I'd rather not....

Thanks

Jason.

Did you try opening both and dragging-and-dropping between the windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Did you try opening both and dragging-and-dropping between the windows?
I hadn't! It seemed that OF was a single-document application. I was wrong.

Dragging and dropping seems to work, but all projects dragged in come over with "no context" and my Contexts are populated with a bunch of no-name contexts which contain the next actions of the dragged-in projects.

So it looks like it's partially there, and I could spend a few hours recreating my contexts, but that seems like a lot of work for right now. I think I'll give it a few more builds and see if it improves.

Thanks for the pointer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasong
I hadn't! It seemed that OF was a single-document application. I was wrong.

Dragging and dropping seems to work, but all projects dragged in come over with "no context" and my Contexts are populated with a bunch of no-name contexts which contain the next actions of the dragged-in projects.

So it looks like it's partially there, and I could spend a few hours recreating my contexts, but that seems like a lot of work for right now. I think I'll give it a few more builds and see if it improves.
Be sure to report that bug with Send Feedback. It seems like an edge case that might have escaped notice.

Curt