The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Can Backup/Revert Database be used to sync multiple machines? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been playing with the OF backup database feature and just saving a backup on my iDisk. When I'm at one of my other computers I can just sync up and use the "revert to backup database" that was saved on my iDisk.

I know this is probably not the best way to do this, but it seems easier than automator workflows, thumbdrives or sym links...

whatchall' think?

I actually do this with a thumbdrive. I have an antiquated and grumpy G4 at work and a 17" iMac at home. Every night I backup my database and take it home, and every morning I back it back up and take it to work with me.

Works absolutely perfectly. What really killed Kinkless for me was that I could never get keeping the Kinkless document on a thumbdrive to work - all sorts of weird errors - and if I can't keep everything in one place it just doesn't work.

Yep! Works perfect! I transfered all my tasks to OF from iGTD today and officially AppZapped iGTD!