The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to install stencils Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello - I am using a trial standard version of omnigraffle. I'd like to install some stencils.

Instructions say:

To install, drag stencil to this folder:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/

However, I don't see the Application Support folder.

Thanks for any guidance.

You can either manually create that directory using the Finder, or simply make a new stencil via the File Menu -> New Resource -> New Stencil and OmniGraffle will make the proper directory for you, and then you can drag your custom stencils there.

Hope that helps.

You should really see the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, otherwise there might be something seriously missing on your mac. The ~/ means that you should look in your user-folder. There are other Library-folders on your computer, without the Application Support-folder. There are also Library-folders with the Application Support that's missing the OmniGraffle-folder. The correct one is in your user-folder.

Hi there,

I ran into the same situation and although this seems to be a rather old thread, this might help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lschoppa View Post
Instructions say:

To install, drag stencil to this folder:
~/Library/Application Support/OmniGraffle/Stencils/

However, I don't see the Application Support folder.

Thanks for any guidance.
You should check whether the path exists as follows:
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/
That worked for me.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Rob.