The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can't delete notes at all Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I imported an OmniOutliner document into OmniFocus. It was originally a LifeBalance file.

However, everything came in with the original LB Places as a note attached to each item with contents "Metadata: type: <my original places>"

I cannot delete these notes.

I can delete the contents by selecting and deleting but the note icon is still attached to the items in the OF inbox and I really need to eliminate all these extra notes.

While I'd love the aforementioned delete all notes feature at this point I'd settle for delete even individual notes.

Am I just missing a delete option?

All items in OF have a light gray note icon that you can click to open the note field. Items with actual note text included have a more pronounced note icon. Are you seeing the light gray icon or the more pronounced one? If the latter, are you sure you're deleting the full note text? (Try editing the note, press Cmd-A to select all of the note text, pressing delete key, then clicking elsewhere to end the editing.)

Curt

Looks like click drag wasn't getting the entire note. (maybe a hidden character or something?)

Cmd A and delete got it all Click drag didn't.

Thanks for the quick reply