The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Calendar considerations (and others) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi, great app, please keep up the great work.

Here are some feature requests for OmniPlan to make it a great app for working on international projects :

- manage time zones
- localize OmniPlan
- possibly, allow for multilingual descriptions (on tasks, ressources, etc.)
- I subscribe to public iCal calendars for worldwide holidays (that is, days you do not work) : it would be nice to be able to import an iCal into the calendar view (or even better : subscibe to an iCal) to define these days in OmniPlan
- MSProject (sorry ...) has a must-have feature : define different levels of calendars (e.g. for holidays, absences, etc.). 1 general (I define holidays), 1 project-specific (I define project-wide non-working days - e.g. between Christmas and New year) and 1 ressource-dependent (I define the ressources non-working days). Hope you can do this.
- I do need stylesheets : e.g. milestones in bold, etc
- Printing schedules is hell, but OP being an Omni product, I am sure you will give it a creative printing feaure

Keep up the good work. I will buy OP when it is available in French.

I want to make sure I understand...
* What would multilingual descriptions look like? Use my system preferences to decide which description to show me?
* We have different levels of calendars now -- project, resource group, individual resources. We just don't have the general one.
* There is a styles inspector tab in the project inspector. We've revised it in beta 6, so look at that and then email us if you still find specific things missing.

The other items you mentioned are things others have already requested. Better calendar cooperation and localization are intended for sometime soon after 1.0 goes final. Not sure on the other things.