The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Copying tasks across files - assigned resources lost? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please advise:

I get my developers to submit project plans as csv files, using a template we created by exporting a boilerplate Omniplan project.

Then I import the csv file, and everything works fine - complete with task groups, assignments, duration and dependencies.

Then I copy all tasks under a group task created in the masterplan - everything copies, except the "Assigned" column - which means I have to enter the assignments manually - the resource names are spelt identically - what am I missing?

I've also tried copying the tasks to a new, blank project file - assigned resources still don't copy across!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemello
Please advise:

I get my developers to submit project plans as csv files, using a template we created by exporting a boilerplate Omniplan project.

Then I import the csv file, and everything works fine - complete with task groups, assignments, duration and dependencies.

Then I copy all tasks under a group task created in the masterplan - everything copies, except the "Assigned" column - which means I have to enter the assignments manually - the resource names are spelt identically - what am I missing?

I've also tried copying the tasks to a new, blank project file - assigned resources still don't copy across!?
Sorry for taking so long to reply. On our new 'OmniPlan Extras' page, we've put up an Applescript that allows you to copy tasks and their assignments from one project to another. Here's the link: OmniPlan Extras