The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

"open in..." capability for attachments? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all

I'm very pleased to have OF for iPad, it does seem like it will be a great tool.

However, I've run into a little gotcha. When I clip emails with the clip-o-tron, I get the contents + attachments into my task (just like I want it). And when I've synced to the iPad, my tasks have their attachments in the 'attachments' tab. So far so good.

But when I select an attachment, it seems to open in OF's internal viewer -- there seems no way to 'open in...' another app like GoodReader. (My attachments tend to be .doc and .pdf files)

(the little 'open in' icon is there, but it's greyed out as soon as the attachment is opened).

Am I missing something? is there a way to tell OF to use external readers on the iPad?

thanks for any advice,
FB.

'open in...', the Document Interchange facility, is definitely on the horizon, fozziebear, see this link.

Last edited by endoftheQ; 2010-07-31 at 11:18 PM..