The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

User agent for WebDAV sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I'm trying to sync OmniFocus using WebDAV behind a corporate proxy, however the connection fails. I believe this is because the proxy filters the requests based on the user agent, as I'm able to connect to the server (swissdisk) from allowed browsers (firefox, safari) using the same URL that I configure in OF.
The very same configuration works normally outside the corporate network.

Would it be possible to tweak OF's user agent to make it look like safari or firefox?

Thanks

Hi again,

I have now a MobileMe subscription and I find the very same problem: I can access MobileMe from within the browsers, but OmniFocus sync fails. When I'm out of the corporate environment, it works OK. If I open an ssh tunnel and configure it in the Network preferences it works, so I guess it is the very same issue.

Could OF identify itself as e.g. Safari in https connections?

Sorry we missed your initial post - we read the forums as we're able, but stuff does sometimes get overlooked. If you email stuff to the support ninjas, though, you're guaranteed to get a response.

I think this is the first request we've gotten for this - at the very least, I couldn't find any other requests that looked relevant...

I've added a feature request to the database; other folks that want this should use the link above to let the ninjas know they're interested, as well. (The number of folks requesting a given change is one of the metrics we use in planning our work.)

In the short term, it may be worth it to contact the folks running the proxy server and see if they can fix this on their end...

You are probably right, but I don't count on it. This environment is quite rigid, unfortunately.
Another way forward would be to be able to configure manual proxy settings, so I can ssh-tunnel the connection (this can be done e.g. in the dropbox client).
My current workaround is to define a network location in my mac using the ssh tunnel as proxy. But this makes my other corporate connections fail, so this means I have to manually sync OF from time to time by changing the network location (and launching the tunnel from the terminal). It's a bit annoying, but it works.