The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beautiful color is in the eye of the beholder Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was thrilled to see a way that I could change the background color - it actually wasn't lavender enough for me to quickly distinguish OF from Mail.

Tried changing backgrounds - did - but then realized that they turned to grey when I pulled other apps forward so then tried to undo what I had done. Tried the "Clear Style" option but now even the context sidebar is lavender. Tried reverting to a backup database (yeah, a stretch, but what the heck), but no color change back.

Not a big deal, but a bit of an annoyance. If anyone has any *other* suggestions for reverting back to original colors, would be grateful.

Select an individual context, then use Clear Style. That should reset the sidebar color.

In Project mode, you'd do the same thing by selecting an individual project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Select an individual context, then use Clear Style. That should reset the sidebar color.

In Project mode, you'd do the same thing by selecting an individual project.
Thanks, Ken. Tried it and still no changes back to original status.

Current solution: Changed background colors to close to the originals and just watch them grey out when I pull another app forward. Clearing Style gets me back to the blue-grey/lavendar backgrounds I ended up with previously. I mucked something up pretty well, it seems. :)

The sidebar changing to gray when OmniFocus is not the foremost application is a newly implemented feature, added to match other applications like Mail, Finder, and iTunes. Leopard seems to be trying to make it clearer which app is foremost, with the strong toolbar color change, deep shadows, and this color changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvh View Post
The sidebar changing to gray when OmniFocus is not the foremost application is a newly implemented feature, added to match other applications like Mail, Finder, and iTunes. Leopard seems to be trying to make it clearer which app is foremost, with the strong toolbar color change, deep shadows, and this color changing.
Ah ... well, that makes me feel a bit better. I haven't made the switch to Leopard, so I haven't seen that before.

I have to say, the lavender is pretty rank. Can we have something a bit more neutral please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvh
I took a quick look at three Leopard apps with colored sidebars (like OmniFocus): Mail, iCal and QuicKeys. In all cases, the sidebar goes to gray when the app loses focus.

OmniFocus as two colored sidebars: bluish-gray (Planning) and lavender (Context). When OmniFocus has focus (chuckle), a quick glance is all it takes to recognize the mode. However, when OmniFocus plays by the Leopard sidebar rules, both Planning and Context sidebars go to gray. The helpful color cue disappears.

It's a dilemma that OmniFocus must choose between Leopard compatibility and a sidebar color cue.