The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iCloud support? [A: Possibly in future, not at launch. See thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OmniFocus has the best syncing of any to-do app I've seen. There's been occasional glitches with the sequencing of projects with the iPad but I've *never* lost any data. I won't even talk about the so-called competition. They're a joke.

Having said that I do wish the sync was a little faster. It's also somewhat intrusive. I just upgraded to Lion finally and I'm quite impressed with the transparency, speed and accuracy at which changes propagate. I'm wondering if similar benefits could be realized with OF.

With the release of Mountain Lion looming and increased iCloud integration if it might be time to reconsider this. However, in no way would I want to sacrifice the conflict resolution and data integrity of the current sync function in OF.

We are keeping an eye on the state of iCloud (and integrating iCloud support into our document-based apps). Meanwhile, we still think that for OmniFocus it's a better use of our time to improve the performance and reliability of the sync system we have and update other aspects of our OmniFocus apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Stay tuned, in other words.
Yes! OmniFocus in Apples iCloud would be fantastic!

In the short-term it might be a "bummer" (since you just created the fantastic Omnifocus sync setup yourself), but in the long term (if it works out) it's less of a 'burden' on Omnigroup, and an addition for customers that loves uniformity/streamlining and all that rubbish. :-P

*fingers crossed*

Thanks for a fantastic GTD app!
Tom,
Omnifocus,
Mac, iPad, iPhone.

I'd like to see this too. WHile I'm not likely to switch over to Things, looking at their iCloud sync is instructive. It's a lot like what you see in address book and calendar on the Mac/iPhone/iPad. When you make a change on one, it's on all the others in a few minutes. This would be a lot better than the sync startup scheme that is used in OF on iPHone and iPad.

J.