The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniWeb 5.6 Sneaky Peeks now available! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post
...the current update process within OmniWeb could use streamlining too; it's one of the few apps I use that still doesn't update itself, but directs you to a download site for updates... but I wasn't suggesting that Omni needs to implement a "download and install update" tool, I'm just curious as to whether anybody else has - a la CaminoKnight, as mentioned previously. I guess the answer to that question is "no".
To my very pleasant surprise, today OmniWeb 5.6sp5 decided to present a window that caused it to update itself to the latest build automatically. Excellent! :) Big thanks to the Omni folks!

Hmmm, the SP page shows no files available!

SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcraft View Post
Hmmm, the SP page shows no files available!

SC
Not sure what's going on here but I'll try to find out.

Should be back up now! (thanks Ken)

Looks good now!

Also, I'm glad that the About OmniWeb window displays the version number without having to click on the version number.

SC

ohh I like the new built-in update mechanism!